SAAC is proud to announce partnering with a nation wide initiative to stop sexual assault. “It’s On Us” is an empowering movement to create a sense of ownership over our ability to take action against sexual assault. After being contacted by the White House, SAAC President Cooper Charlton has been on the forefront of It’s On Us to facilitate the spread of this campaign throughout the University by collaborating with the Leaders and Best on campus.
Expanding beyond the University’s influential individuals, celebrities and prominent organizations have fervently pledged their support to combat sexual assault. It’s On Us emphasizes the importance of ownership over the apparent problem and empowerment of everyone to make a difference with the intention of influencing and changing cultural attitudes about sexual assault.
- 1 in 5 women and 1 in 16 men are sexually assaulted in college.
- 40% of survivors fear reprisal by their attacker.
- Only 2% of incapacitated rape survivors report assault.
- Only 13% of rape survivors report assault.
- 8 in 10 victims knew their attacker (friend, significant other, etc.).
- It is estimated that between 2%-7% of sexual assault reports are false.
Take the pledge to be part of the solution and learn more at itsonus.org
It’s on us to not look the other way. Join us today and be part of the movement to combat sexual assault.